Feed on
Posts
Comments

I Have Cancer, Again

gazing ball

me shooting me in a gazing ball in our back yard January 2010

Bloggers endlessly study headlines, what will the search engines like?

This isn’t one I ever wanted to write. And I do care if the search engines send traffic. I invite interested folks to follow my Caring Bridge site. Enter lsimon in the Visit a Website space.

It says it is private. When I set the settings with minimal privacy, I can check who has registered.  Maybe I am addicted to blog stats, and this way I get a few. But really, everyone is welcome to visit. And share the site with others you think may benefit.

I write about emotions, costs, day to day annoyances, whatever is pertinent. It is truthful, sometimes humorous, sometimes not pretty.

I didn’t want to hijack Kitchen Therapy into a cancer blog. I haven’t had the energy or appetite to post here in over a month. But both are coming back. I an itching to do a real gluten-free food post soon.

So I decided to write about my cancer at Caring Bridge. It is a welcome help to people with severe health problems. It simplifies communication between friends, family, and colleagues, over the internet. A free service for patients, please share this resource with anyone you know who could benefit. Setting up a site is super easy.

Getting daily comments of support, affirmation, and jokes is uplifting for the patient. Getting updates without calling and disturbing the patient is calming for everyone else.

My personal site makes the most sense if you read My Story first. Then the Journal entries in chronological order.

Being a gluten-free food blogger has added joy, color, texture, and flavor to my life. I thank all of you who read Kitchen Therapy.

11 Responses to “I Have Cancer, Again”

1. Cassie says:

I bookmarked your wonder buns recipe and came back to read it again, so I decided to check out more of your blog. I’m sorry to hear about your cancer. Best wishes for your recovery.

2. Katrina says:

Ran in to your blog via Stumble Upon, just wanted to send my best to you! http://www.bakingandboys.com

3. Aileen says:

Hi Linda,
    Just wanted to drop in and wish you the best – what the body can do once, it can do again – so go and heal ! :)

4. deeba says:

Hi Linda, Yes we search for blog post titles forever, and yours is one of the most difficult ones ever. I’m sorry the cancer is back, yet I’m glad you can write about it. Sharing your life isn’t easy, to put thoughts into words even more difficult.
    {HUGS}

5. Sue says:

Linda,
    Thanks for sharing your most personal thoughts(Caring Bridge, and here). The internet is so amazing…to be able to reach so many others through the mere touch of a keyboard, and for others to reach out to you from all over the world, is so incredible! Now there is a whole world-wide support system being tapped into…May you FEEL that support and be buoyed up by it!

With Warm Regards, Sue Sparks

6. Barbara DeGroot says:

I don’t know you at all, but I have had deeply loved ones in your situation. For reasons totally unclear to me, I (a fellow blogger) wanted you to know that a complete stranger was thinking of you and wishing you well. Pat’s comments above seem so much more worthy, relevant, practical, and to the point though. My best to you.

• rdlinda says:

Barbara,
      Thank you. It is comforting to know others are thinking of me, and sending well wishes, even folks I didn’t know before. It seems to improve the karma floating around the world.

7. Hi Linda,

I can only imagine how you hate to share that blog title, but please don’t apologize for sharing your life. If we don’t inject ourselves into our posts, what value do they have? Of course, all that said, I am so sorry you have to share this headline, too. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I signed up for your Caring Bridge site and just read through all your posts. You’ve already taken a few spins on that roller coaster it seems. I applaud your attitude and willingness to share. Getting a copy of a clear scan was brilliant. Yes, visualize yourself healthy, imagine all the things you are going to do in the future with your smiling healthy self … miracles happen every day.

Many hugs and positive, healing thoughts, most of all,
    Shirley

8. Pat Steer (Gaelen) says:

Linda, none of us ever wants to write this headline.
    I did things the other way – started my cancer/survivorship blog six years ago after I was diagnosed with stage IV cancer. I only began my food blog last summer as I moved into my second remission.

But sometimes in the course of writing, food spills over into cancer and cancer spills over into food. Both are regular blogs, linked together, and some of the audience is shared. Neither hijacks the other. Food is just another dimension of me on my survivorship blog – and cancer is another dimension of me on my food blog.

When you want to pique your appetite, may I suggest “One Bite at a Time,” by Rebecca Katz – an entire cookbook written to provide interesting and tasty recipes for cancer patients that I wish I’d had when I was on treatment. I cook from it and am inspired by it regularly; Katz combines tastes brilliantly.

My strongest thoughts, Linda – be well.

• rdlinda says:

Hi Pat,
      Second remission, I like the sound of that. It gives me hope.

And I am pleased to meet both your blogs. Kitchen Jam is right up our alley. Good to learn of CanJam too.

I am ordering the Rebecca Katz book. A perfect title, one bite at a time is sometimes all I can do.

Thanks for sharing your life.